No subject

Mon Feb 21 10:55:38 CET 2011

mostly install and run pre-packaged items on them, such as webservers,
databases, etc.  In my poking around, I see that there is active
development with AIX in mind, but if I am understanding correctly, there
are no current AIX packaged distros --- they have to be built by the end
user.

Is this correct?  Can we purchase compiled packages and binaries for our
environment?   Or is compiling a build/package something that is trivial?
(I suspect not).    For now, these boxes would only really be "clients",
if that makes any difference at all.    And if I am wrong, and should be
looking elsewhere for more recent AIX binaries/packages I would really
appreciate a point in the right direction.  I'd really be grateful for
some guidance here.

At this point, I'd be remiss not to thank all the folks behind the
project.  From my  personal usage, its clear what a phenomenal project
this is.

Thanks much,

d.

The information contained in this email and any attachment may be
confidential and/or legally privileged and has been sent for the sole use
of the intended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, you are
not authorized to review, use, disclose or copy any of its contents. If
you have received this email in error please reply to the sender and
destroy all copies of the message. Thank you.
--=_alternative 0073D9F9882578BD_=

mostly populated by devs, &nbsp;the descriptor describes it as a user mailiong
list as well, so I hope this message is OK here. &nbsp;If not, my apologies,
and hopefully I can be re-directed.)</font>
experimentation with syslog-ng in a simple Redhat enviroment, where all
I had to do was download the package. &nbsp; However, I'm trying to encourage
my work environment to move to syslog-ng in our production environment.</font>
versions 5.3L, 6.x, and now 7.1. &nbsp; I believe our AIX team would be
comfortable deploying standard packages, however, from what I can see in
the evaluation section, it looks like the latest AIX packages I see is
syslog-ng-2.0.10-1.aix5.2.ppc &nbsp;I see packages for other distros, but
I think that is all for AIX..</font>
typically build and complile, the mostly install and run pre-packaged items
on them, such as webservers, databases, etc. &nbsp;In my poking around,
I see that there is active development with AIX in mind, but if I am understanding
correctly, there are no current AIX packaged distros --- they have to be
built by the end user.</font>
compiled packages and binaries for our environment? &nbsp; Or is compiling
a build/package something that is trivial? (I suspect not). &nbsp; &nbsp;For
now, these boxes would only really be &quot;clients&quot;, if that makes
any difference at all. &nbsp; &nbsp;And if I am wrong, and should be looking
elsewhere for more recent AIX binaries/packages I would really appreciate
a point in the right direction. &nbsp;I'd really be grateful for some guidance
here. &nbsp; </font>
thank all the folks behind the project. &nbsp;From my &nbsp;personal usage,
its clear what a phenomenal project this is. &nbsp;</font>
The information contained in this email and any attachment may be confidential
and/or legally privileged and has been sent for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, you are not authorized
to review, use, disclose or copy any of its contents. If you have received
this email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of
the message. Thank you. </i></font>
--=_alternative 0073D9F9882578BD_=--