[syslog-ng] Newer libtool and autoconf versions?

Marius Tomaschewski mt at suse.de
Wed Feb 23 15:01:18 CET 2011

Corinna,

why do you need an extra
   noinst_LIBRARIES = libsyslog-ng-patterndb.a
when there is already a
   noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libsyslog-ng-patterndb.la

Does libtool not automatically links statically against noinst_LTLIBRARIES?

When I (completely remove noinst_LIBRARIES) and use:

-pdbtool_LDADD = libsyslog-ng-patterndb.a ../../lib/libsyslog-ng.la
@OPENSSL_LIBS@ @GLIB_LIBS@
+pdbtool_LDADD = libsyslog-ng-patterndb.la ../../lib/libsyslog-ng.la
@OPENSSL_LIBS@ @GLIB_LIBS@

it is automatically linked statically against libsyslog-ng-patterndb
and dynmically against everything else (libsyslog-ng and another libs).

My current problem is to link libdbparser correctly - it gets relinked
dynamically against libglib in mixed mode, even it shouldn't (we don't
have libglib in /%_lib).
[Maybe this is the -pthread flag that seems to be returned inside of
the glib libs...].

Don't know... I've to take a closer look at all this when I've a little
bit more time...

Gruesse / Regards,
 Marius Tomaschewski <mt at suse.de> <mt at novell.com>
--
 Server Technologies Team, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,
 Nuernberg; GF: Markus Rex; HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)