[syslog-ng] linking changes

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 23 14:11:33 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 13:57 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 23 13:05, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to put a closure on how syslog-ng 3.2 and above is being
> > linked. There were numerous problems as it started to get into Linux
> > distributions.
> > [...]
> > Also, the main syslog-ng executable is not linked against
> > libssl/libcrypto on purpose, it is only used by the afsocket module
> > (which implements the tcp/syslog destinations).
> >
> > Could anyone who is in charge of maintaining syslog-ng binaries in
> > various distributions give this a test so 3.2.3 will compile everywhere
> > out-of-the-box?
>
> Sorry, but this won't work for the Cygwin distro.  The changes don't
> take my patch from
> https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2011-February/016007.html
> into account.

I understand that, but pdbtool doesn't open libdbparser.so anymore and
libsyslog-ng-patterndb.so has been removed and I link that into pdbtool
statically.

Rechecking the patch you referenced, the only important difference is
that you mark the convenience library with noinst_ whereas my patch
installs that publicly (which indeed is a bug).

Am I missing something else?