[syslog-ng] dbtype in SQL logging

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:55:12 CET 2011

Hi there,

found the following entry in the Administrator's guide(s):

<quote>

columns
   Type: string list  Default: "date", "facility", "level", "host",
"program", "pid", "message"

[dbtype]*format. The
*[dbtype]* parameter is optional, and specifies the type of the field. By
default, syslog-ng creates *text* columns. Note that not every database
engine can index text fields.

</quote>

So now before I go search the source code for answers, what types of
"[dbtype]" is supported/handled by syslog-ng 3.2.2?

More precisely, I'm running on HP-UX 11.31 and preference is using
PostgreSQL

Thank you

HEndrik