[syslog-ng] Firewalling with syslog-ng, a working prototype

Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net
Mon Feb 21 19:22:57 CET 2011

Op 21-02-11 18:20, Gergely Nagy schreef:
> for reasons beyond my control), and it doesn't have /proc/net/xt_recent,
> only /proc/net/ipt_recent.
>
> I haven't tried whether that works the same or not, as I'd have to go
> through a lot of pain to gain access to the box if anything goes wrong.

ipt_recent is the older name of the current xt_recent thing. In fact, my
preliminary tests with -m recent were conducted on an older box with
ipt_recent. I think they are almost the same; but ipt_recent doesn't
have a "+" in front of the IP-addresses. Change your template
accordingly and you're set.

V.