[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.01 compilation error on Solaris

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 19:49:24 CET 2011

Hi,

 I have uploaded the config.log at paste bin hope you would receive that.
Meanwhile, I just went through the config log and suspect that there seems
to be issues findng the libivonv library file. I had directly taken the
libiconv package and installed it using the pkgadd command. Would that not
be enough or do I need to compile it manually.  Or do you think there is
something else apart from this.Please let me know.
The below lines  caused for the error it seems.

   1. configure:8571: checking for static GLib libraries
   2. configure:8605: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/lib
   -R/usr/local/lib conftest.c -Wl,-Bstatic -L/usr/local/lib -lglib-2.0 -lintl
   -liconv -Wl,-Bdynamic  >&5
   3. ld: fatal: library -liconv: not found
   4. ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
   5. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
   6. configure:8611: $? = 1
   7. configure: failed program was:
   8. | /* confdefs.h.  */
   9. | #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
   10. | #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
   11. | #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
   12. | #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
   13. | #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
   14. | #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
   15. | #define STDC_HEADERS 1
   16. | #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
   17. | #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
   18. | #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
   19. | #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
   20. | #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
   21. | #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
   22. | #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
   23. | #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
   24. | #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
   25. | #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
   26. | #define HAVE_GETOPT_H 1
   27. | #define HAVE_STROPTS_H 1
   28. | #define HAVE_SYS_STRLOG_H 1
   29. | #define HAVE_DOOR_H 1
   30. | #define HAVE_O_LARGEFILE 1
   31. | #define HAVE_STRUCT_SOCKADDR_STORAGE 1
   32. | #define HAVE_STRDUP 1
   33. | #define HAVE_STRTOL 1
   34. | #define HAVE_STRTOLL 1
   35. | #define HAVE_STRTOIMAX 1
   36. | #define HAVE_GETOPT_LONG 1
   37. | #define HAVE_GETUTENT 1
   38. | #define HAVE_PTHREAD_H 1
   39. | #define HAVE_LIBPTHREAD 1
   40. | /* end confdefs.h.  */
   41. |
   42. | extern void g_hash_table_new(void);
   43. |
   44. | int
   45. | main ()
   46. | {
   47. |
   48. |
   49. | void (*fn)(void) = g_hash_table_new;
   50. |
   51. | return (int) fn;
   52. |
   53. |
   54. |   ;
   55. |   return 0;
   56. | }
   57. configure:8628: result: no
   58. configure:8635: checking sanity checking Glib headers
   59. configure:8666: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall
   -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
   -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lpthread  >&5
   60. configure:8669: $? = 0
   61. configure:8675: ./conftest
   62. configure:8678: $? = 0
   63. configure:8694: result: yes
   64. configure:8789: error: static GLib libraries not found (a file named
   libglib-2.0.a), either link GLib dynamically using the
   --enable-dynamic-linking or install a static GLib

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh