[syslog-ng] Syslog-NG Windows Agent collecting Logs

Heinze, René Rene.Heinze at BDR.de
Mon Feb 7 12:07:46 CET 2011

Hi,

I´m having the following problem with the Syslog-Agent for Windows:

Our application writes log messages in a log file according the schema: “date + priority + application name + message text”

When the Syslog-ng agent collects those log messages from the file it does not extract date, priority, etc. from the log message but assigns its own values (according its configuration) and uses the entire line as message text.

What we want instead is that the Syslog-ng agent extracts that information from the line and uses only the actual message text as message text.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

René