[syslog-ng] syslog-ng deadlock if /dev/console locks?

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Wed Feb 2 00:31:45 CET 2011

FYI, we have found experimentally that syslog-ng 3.1.2 will use poll()
on /dev/console without complaining, and that doing this actually seems
to solve the problem.  We have not been able to reproduce the console
hang after switching the console destination to use poll() instead of
file().

Paul Krizak                         7171 Southwest Pkwy MS B200.3A
MTS Systems Engineer                Austin, TX  78735
Advanced Micro Devices              Desk:  (512) 602-8775
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Cell:  (512) 791-0686
Global IT Infrastructure            Fax:   (512) 602-0468