[syslog-ng] How to split logs in the default folders?

Jim jrhendri at maine.rr.com
Fri Dec 23 15:12:12 CET 2011

Look at the macros in the documentation.

You could use $HOST (which parses the host name from the syslog header)
or $HOST_FROM (which takes the host that sent the syslog packet).

and define the destination:

destination d_separatedbyhosts {
  file( "/var/log/$HOST_FROM/$HOST.messages");
};

seriously - there are lots of examples out there

Jim