[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 support(?) in latest versions (e.g. 3.3.2)

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Dec 22 16:23:01 CET 2011

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> writes:

>> As can be seen from the directory structure, this is now being done with
>>  3.3.3, and using this execution of configure:
>>
>> LDFLAGS="-R/usr/local/lib" \
>> PKG_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/pkg-config \
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig" \
>> ./configure --enable-spoof-source --enable-dynamic-linking --enable-tcp-wrapper=no
>>

>> As I actually don't need SSL with my current syslog-ng configuration,
>> I attempted to leave that out (--enable-ssl=no), but then it got
>> unhappy while trying to compile afmongodb components, apparently
>> unable to find an openssl header file:

Hrm, this is interesting. libmongo-client should fail at configure time
if it figures out that it needs openssl, but it's not available.

Perhaps it's some strange interaction with the parent configure - I'll
investigate.

Meanwhile, as Bazsi suggested, --disable-mongodb should help. (The other
option is to upgrade your glib, so that libmongo-client won't try to
fall back to using OpenSSL for md5 stuff).

> This is a bug then, libmongo-client shouldn't have been built if
> disabled by configure.
>
> Until I find this, you can remove the "afmongodb" string from
> modules/Makefile so that it doesn't recurse there.

libmongo-client is not disabled, I think. OpenSSL is, but
libmongo-client will try to detect OpenSSL if the installed glib version
is too old. But when running with --disable-ssl, that might not happen,
and things get screwed up.

At least, that is my suspicion at the moment, without testing it..