[syslog-ng] Can I put all the parsed fields into a destination template?

VÁMOS Balázs vamos.balazs at zuriel.hu
Wed Dec 21 15:55:46 CET 2011

Just a note that the documentation contains format-json and format_json
too. I guess the format-json should be used.

Example 11.3. Using the format-json template function

The following example selects every available information about the log
message, except for the date-related macros (/|R_*|/ and /|S_*|/),
selects the /|.SDATA.meta.sequenceId|/ macro, and defines a new
value-pair called /|MSGHDR|/ that contains the program name and PID of
the application that sent the log message.

$(format-json --scope syslog,all_macros,selected_macros \
  --exclude R_* --exclude S_* --key .SDATA.meta.sequenceId \
  --pair MSGHDR="$PROGRAM[$PID]: ")

The following example shows how to use this template function to store
log messages in JSON format:

destination d_json {
  file("/var/log/messages.json" template("$(format_json --scope selected_macros --scope nv_pairs)"));
};

--
VÁMOS Balázs
ZURIEL Kft.