[syslog-ng] syslog-ng article in BSDmag, not just for BSD users

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Wed Dec 14 14:14:24 CET 2011

Hello,
Robert Fekete, our technical writer wrote a very nice article for BSDmag
about syslog-ng with the title: "Extracting Useful Information From Log
Messages". The following topics are addressed:
• The message model behind syslog messages
• The importance of metadata
• How to process, recognize, and correlate log messages using syslog-ng
If you want just this single article, you can download it from
http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/BSD_12_2011%20-%20BalaBit_single_article.pdf
Other way I'd recommend to download the complete December issue of
BSDmag from http://bsdmag.org/magazine/1781-rolling-your-own-kernel
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP)<czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream