[syslog-ng] Another patterndb limitation

Fekete Robert frobert at balabit.hu
Fri Dec 2 10:01:22 CET 2011

Hi Evan,

I like the idea of optionally including/excluding the stop characters, as both
are valid usecases that can come handy. I do not know about the technical
details, that is, how it is best to implement it. From usability point of view,
I'd prefer using a flag/option in the parser, as it would make recognizing the
option easier. I think that changing the capitalization of the parser is not too
intuitive and can lead to errors and user frustration (but then again, this
might be the least frustration in getting patterndb to work :) ).

Robert