[syslog-ng] syslog-ng log server stops listening on network

Paul Muther dalamars at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:11:05 CET 2011

Hello all,

I have a syslog-ng log server running 3.2.4 listening on a TCP port 4514.  We are not a high volume environment (server processes on average between 10 and 20 MPS).  Twice now the server has just stopped accepting traffic on the TCP port causing all the clients to store messages.  There seems to be no explanation for the event and the local service is running and processing all local logs for the server no problem.

I feel like this might be an IP port conflict but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks much,
Paul M