[syslog-ng] Duplicate Hostnames entries in syslog-ng

Swati4 M/TVM/TCS swati4.m at tcs.com
Tue Aug 30 15:39:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

My client machine is running syslog-ng 3.0 version and remote server is running syslog.
On logging messages from client to server,I am encountering duplicate entries for hostnames in the remote syslog messages and an extra colon.
In local log files running syslog-ng,there are no duplicate entries.

Have tried the following options,but no luck:-
keep_hostname(yes); chain_hostnames(no); long_hostnames(no);

For "extra colon" seen in remote messages,I have tried attaching some templates to filter my messages.
Since,I guess in syslog-ng 3.0 the macro $MSG has been changed to $MSGHDR.

Remote Output :-
Aug 12 03:42:49 base0-0-0-1-0-11-1 base0-0-0-1-0-11-1 kernel: : device eth0 left promiscuous mode

Expected Output :-
Aug 12 03:42:49 base0-0-0-1-0-11-1 kernel:device eth0 left promiscuous mode

Can anybody please help me with the issue ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

This is a snippet of my syslog-ng.conf file :-
options {
    flush_lines (0);
    time_reopen (10);
    log_fifo_size (1000);