[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3 git snapshot

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Wed Aug 10 10:37:23 CEST 2011

> There were many fixes added since the last 3.3 beta1 release. These are
> currently available only from git.
>
> I just learned, that accessing git is troublesome for those behind
> strict firewalls. So I prepared a tgz from the latest git snapshot with
> 'make dist'. It is available at
> http://people.balabit.hu/czanik/syslog-ng-3.3.0beta1.tar.gz (don't be
> confused by the 'beta1' suffix, it's from this mornings git checkout)

There's a few other sources of tarballs, namely both gitweb (used on
http://git.balabit.hu/) and cgit (used on
http://git.madhouse-project.org/) support on-demand tarball generation
of arbitrary commits (and cgit can do it for branches too).

The upside of this, is that you can get the latest version, and it's
fully automated. The downside is, that you need to download the
dependencies (ivykis, and optionally libmongo-client) manually, put
them in the right place (lib/ivkyis/ and
modules/afmongodb/libmongo-client/, respectively), then run
./autogen.sh.

The auto-generated tarballs are available from:

Bazsi's official tree, as gitweb snapshots

http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.3.git;a=snapshot;h=bec45acb4335067b9966236cc6ad724cbbcafe97

Which is linked from
http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.3.git;a=commit (click the
snapshot link).

ivykis is at http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/ivykis.git;a=commit (click
snapshot), and libmongo-client at
http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/libmongo-client.git;a=commit

My mirror, as cgit snapshots
----------------------------

http://git.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-3.3/snapshot/syslog-ng-3.3-master.tar.bz2
http://git.madhouse-project.org/projects/libmongo-client/snapshot/libmongo-client-stable.tar.bz2
(or -master if you're feeling a bit adventurous, although my -master
branch is usually rock solid aswell).

I don't have an ivykis mirror, though, so one will have to use Bazsi's.

My cgit thingy also supports commit based snapshots, just replace
-master with the full commitid.

Also, a note about my mirror: while I try to keep my master in sync with
Bazsi's official tree, I may lag a day or two behind at
times. Nevertheless, the master branch in my repo is a mirror of the
official master branch, I do my work on different branches, so -master
is safe to work with.