[syslog-ng] Problem with program_override in upgrade from 3.0.8 to 3.2.4

Javi Polo jpolo at wtransnet.com
Mon Aug 8 17:04:04 CEST 2011

El 08/06/2011 06:56 PM, Balazs Scheidler escribió:
>> As you can see, the program_name has dissapeared
>> I suspect is a bug, but I'm not sure as there might be some change in
>> syslog-ng behaviour that I did miss :?
> flags(dont-store-legacy-msghdr)
>
> I wanted to explain why, but I'm in a hurry, probably in an upcoming
> post. (the flag might be called no-store-..., can't remember exactly)

Thanks!
I found an explanation there
http://bazsi.blogs.balabit.com/2010/05/small-incompatible-change-for-3-1/

However, it still doesnt work
As the flag 'dont-store-legacy-msghdr' is set on the 'source' statement
in the logserver host, it seems it doesnt affect the syslog-ng
generating the log, which stripes the program from the log-line

I tried to put 'dont-store-legacy-msghdr' flag in the originating host,
under 'destination' statement, but syslog-ng complains that the flag is
invalid there ...

I have switched back to syslog-ng 3.0 till I can resolve this issue

--
Javi Polo
Administrador de Sistemas
jpolo at wtransnet.com