[syslog-ng] syslog-ng to elasticsearch ?

Daniel Maher dmaher at milestonelab.com
Thu Apr 28 16:48:11 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am curious to know if anybody has tried (or even better, succeeded) in
sending logs from Syslog-NG direct to Elasticsearch ?  I see that there
is already a driver for MongoDB, which is along the same lines...

My first idea was to send all the incoming logs to a named pipe, then
have a small script read from the pipe and trigger calls to ES for each
line (not unlike the many SQL howtos out there).  I suspect that this
would work, but if anybody has any ideas which are more elegant, I would
love to hear about it.

Thanks, and have a great day !

--
Daniel Maher
« can't talk, too busy calculating computrons. »