[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and systemd

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Apr 28 11:13:21 CEST 2011

Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de> writes:

> It is based on a git-snapshot dated April 24th. Is there a way to signal
> syslog-ng to reload it's configuration other than HUPing its pid?

To the best of my knowledge: no, there is not (yet). One way to remedy
this would be to enhance syslog-ng-ctl so it can signal (and wait for)
configuration reload.

I'm not sure how much work that would be, but my gut feeling is that it
would be reasonably easy and straightforward to do.

I'll gladly review patches, if you feel adventurous ;)