[syslog-ng] FW: Solaris 10_x86 server.

sramesh.kumar at wipro.com sramesh.kumar at wipro.com
Wed Apr 27 14:28:09 CEST 2011

<sramesh.kumar at wipro.com> writes:

> Thanks to your mail… But I am getting below error….in solaris10 os.
> Please suggest.

> bash-3.00# /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -d -f
> /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
>
> Error opening file for reading; filename='/proc/kmsg', error='No such
> file or directory (2)'
>
> Error initializing source driver; source='s_sys'
>
> \bash-3.00# ls -l /proc/kmsg
>
> /proc/kmsg: No such file or directory
>
> bash-3.00#

That's because /proc/kmsg is not available on Solaris: it's a Linux
thing. You can safely remove it from the configuration file.

I'd strongly suggest reading the documentation available at
http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-v2.0-guide-admin-en.html/bk01-toc.html

(Also, upgrading to a more recent version of syslog-ng would perhaps be
a good idea, 2.0.5 is ancient)