[syslog-ng] duplicated log lines

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sat Apr 23 00:36:56 CEST 2011

"Len Conrad" <lconrad at Go2France.com> writes:

> FreeBSD sl1.hctc.net 8.2-RELEASE
>
> syslog-ng 2.0.10

You might wish to upgrade to something more recent, like 3.2.2 (which,
to the best of my knowledge, is available via the ports system).

> I start with the FreeBSD syslog-ng.conf which emulates the system syslog.conf and add my stuff.
>
> The problem is that all maillog files have duplicate lines.
>
> After modifying a bunch of stuff, no success.  Either I get no maillog traffic at all, or the dupes remain.
>
> How to debug?

Since you started with the default config, I'll have a look at that in a
couple of hours, and see if I can spot something. (It's easier for me to
do that than to explain what to look for)

But generally speaking, if you find a configuration block that, when
turned off, makes it so that all maillog traffic disappears, then it's
more than likely that the problem lies somewhere near that area.