[syslog-ng] Current stable version of syslog-ng

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Fri Apr 15 08:57:45 CEST 2011

On 04/15/2011 04:25 AM, Yu Watanabe wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I would like to ask a question regarding to the version of syslog-ng.
> Which version would be the most stable version for now?
>
> v 3.0.10
> v 3.1.4
As far as I know, v3.1 has the largest installed base now, as it is now
in Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, the previous openSUSE, Gentoo, releases, etc.
It is the last single binary version.

> v 3.2.2
It is in the current openSUSE, FreeBSD and Gentoo releases, and while
there were huge changes (modularization) between 3.1 and 3.2, it works
fine. If you have questions, run into problems, you get help or a fix
the quickest for this version, so I'd recommend using this one.

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream