[syslog-ng] Openssl SSL3_WRITE_PENDING error correction

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Apr 9 22:25:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 12:51 +0200, Jakub Jankowski wrote:
> Saturday 02 of April 2011 10:07:51 Balazs Scheidler napisał(a):
> >
> > I've integrated it with slight changes, as your patch returned from the
> > function even when it wouldn't need to. Also, I've added a detailed
> > comment on the problem to the source code, so that we'll remember why it
> > is implemented that way. :)
> [...]
> > $ git show
> > commit 3fa8e900453fb6af1767caf42e17ab6d8c42452b
> > Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
> > Date:   Sat Apr 2 09:59:33 2011 +0200
> >
> >     syslog() destination driver: fixed potential framing problem on
> > contended connections
>
> Any chances to get that backported to 3.2 as well? I think I'm seeing this
> kind of behaviour (without SSL) here, I just can't nail it down.

I _think_ it doesn't affect 3.2. Stared at the code for 5 minutes, but I
can't see the state machine to have the same problem, since 3.3 added
output buffering, which involves flushes, and the problem was there.

However another problem was fixed just two weeks ago, with similar
symptoms.

Search for "Syslog-ng returning a TCP Reset" thread on this mailing
list.