[syslog-ng] syslog-ng -s errors with catchall flag (1.6 to 3.1)

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Apr 5 17:17:21 CEST 2011

"Mishou Michael" <Michael.Mishou at csirc.irs.gov> writes:

> Ok, revisiting this today I found the problem after looking at the
> source code in this snapshot (which my pre-compiled packages were based
> on):
>
> http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.1.git;a=snapshot;h=8bf13c304b
> 6ab5fc1a372b49d55c78370efe14ca
>
> All the documentation refers to log path flags: catchall, fallback,
> final, flow-control.
>
> But in center.c the actual strcmp functions are looking for: catch-all,
> fallback, final, flow_control OR flow-control

It's the same in 3.2 and 3.3 too - good catch!

Whether this is a documentation or code bug, if the docs say it's
'catchall' ever since 2.0, then the code should support that too, along
with 'catch-all'.

I'd say this is a bug in both: the documentation should be updated to
say 'catch-all', which has been working in past versions, and the code
should be updated to support what the documentation has been advertising
in the past years.

We have a public bugzilla at <http://bugzilla.balabit.com/> - you can
open a ticket there - and it would be great if you would.