[syslog-ng] syslog-ng -s errors with catchall flag (1.6 to 3.1)

Mishou Michael Michael.Mishou at csirc.irs.gov
Mon Apr 4 17:24:47 CEST 2011

Folks,

I've done a lot of reading of the list archives through Google, but this
is the first question that's really stumped me and also stumped the
archives as well.  I'm currently converting a 1.6 config to version 3.1,
eliminating the warnings generated by -s and whatnot.  One of the
warnings I get is the following:

Unknown log statement flag; flag='catchall'

The configuration line this warning/error is referencing looks like
this:

log { source(network); destination(finalcatchall);
destination(catchall_relay); flags(final,catchall); };

For some reason, the syslog-ng version I'm using doesn't like that flag
option, but according to the 3.1 documentation, it is valid, as far as I
can see.
http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-v3.1-
guide-admin-en.html/index.html-single.html#logpath

I tried removing the final flag (thinking perhaps it was redundant) and
just leaving the catchall in, but the error persists.

Here is the version information for the syslog-ng I'm using, perhaps it
is a bug?  I'm not quite sure how to search the bug database, if anyone
could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

# /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -V
syslog-ng 3.1.2
Installer-Version: 3.1.2
Revision:
ssh+git://bazsi@git.balabit//var/scm/git/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-ose--mainli
ne--3.1#master#8bf13c304b6ab5fc1a372b49d55c78370efe14ca
Compile-Date: Oct 25 2010 23:56:18
Enable-Threads: off
Enable-Debug: off
Enable-GProf: off
Enable-Memtrace: off
Enable-Sun-STREAMS: on
Enable-Sun-Door: on
Enable-IPv6: on
Enable-Spoof-Source: on
Enable-TCP-Wrapper: off
Enable-SSL: on
Enable-SQL: off
Enable-Linux-Caps: off
Enable-Pcre: on

The version of syslog-ng I'm using is on Solaris 10 SPARC, pre-compiled
packages I got from here:
http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlistsparc10.html#syslogng

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you very much,

--Mike