[syslog-ng] [RFC]: afsql improvement plans

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:35:40 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> wrote:

> Prepared statements
> -------------------
>
> We'll use prepared statements wherever possible - I expect this alone
> will result in a measurable performance increase, since the server will
> not have to parse each and every insert - only once, we'll bind
> variables thereafter.

This is also a performance increase for Postgresql/etc. so this should
(IMHO) be an universal method for all the SQL drivers, as it is
expected give a global rather than specific gain.

Postgresql's COPY appears to be equivalent to the MySQL's LOAD, so my
advice will be to keep these two methods in a way to easily
replace/substitute for Postgresql ;)

Hendrik