[syslog-ng] Proper configuration for Syslog-ng PE v4.0 disk-based buffering feature is required...

Prashant Badhe prashant.badhe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:35:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am evaluating Syslog-ng PE v4.0 disk-based buffering feature on Linux, but
it doesn’t seems to be working.

Below is the configuration I added to my sysylog-ng.conf file:

destination d_syslog {

tcp("myserver" port(1468) log_disk_fifo_size(102400) );

file("/var/log/messages");

};

When the connection to the server is up then I receive the forwarded syslogs
properly. When the network connection goes down, syslog-ng stores these
messages at location /opt/syslog-ng/var, (.qf files). But when the network
connection reestablishes, these stored messages never sent to the server.

Can anybody please guide me if there is some missing configuration or wrong
configuration I have done to make this feature work?

Thanks in advance,

Prashant Badhe