[syslog-ng] pdbtool patternize update and my syslog-ng 3.2 branch

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Sep 29 11:03:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 09:32 -0500, Martin Holste wrote:
> I'm on Ubuntu lucid trying to compile the latest git version and I'm
> getting "./.libs/libsyslog-ng.so: undefined reference to
> `block_ref_debug'" etc. when it tries to do the final ld command
> unless --enable-debug is on.  --enable-mixed-linking works fine with
> --enable-debug, though I see a ton of dependencies with ldd, so that
> must be pretty far from a static link.

hmmm... it shouldn't do that, block_ref_debug is only referenced if
enable-debug is defined. let me try a non-debug build... it built
successfully, and block_ref_debug is not an undefined symbol:

$ nm .libs/block-ref-parser.o
                 U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
0000000000000000 D block_def_keywords
0000000000000000 T block_ref_error
0000000000000020 d block_ref_keywords
0000000000000050 T block_ref_lex
                 U block_ref_parse
0000000000000000 D block_ref_parser
                 U cfg_lexer_get_context_description
                 U cfg_lexer_lex
                 U report_syntax_error

Isn't it possible that you switched to non-debug build and the makefiles
failed to recompile block-ref-parser.c ?

Can you try a make clean first?