[syslog-ng] pdbtool patternize update and my syslog-ng 3.2 branch

PATRICK HEMMER syslogng at feystorm.net
Fri Sep 24 23:44:37 CEST 2010

Ya, I imagine theyre static linked because its easier to release for
more distro's that way. I build the RPMs for our environment because
there are a few extra patches I throw in (and I want pcre). For our
older boxes (RHEL4), I build both glib and pcre in a separate dir (not
installed in the system), and then when compiling syslog-ng I static
link just pcre and glib, and leave everything else linked against the
normal system libs.

Unless you have some reason to not use the binaries provided by balabit,
I'd say its would be much easier to just use those.

-Patrick