[syslog-ng] pdbtool patternize update and my syslog-ng 3.2 branch

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Sep 24 19:57:38 CEST 2010

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the update on the status of patterndb patternize.

I wondered if the memory leaks you said existed in the old version had
been fixed, you did not say one way or the other in your mail.

I also wonder if anybody at Balabit could tell me how to build a copy of
your Git tree on RHEL 4 or RHEL 5. I get problems because the PCRE is
too old but when I switch to new PCRE, PCRE will not build because the
autotools and pkg-config are too old.

It's a problem for me because unfortunately my company only supports
RHEL here and otherwise I have to run it in an Ubuntu 10.04 or Debian VM
with way too little memory for the tool to run right.

Would it be possible to build a version of your tree for RHEL 4 or 5?

Matthew.