[syslog-ng] Buffering AF_UNIX Destination, Batch Post Processing Messages

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:35:48 CEST 2010

> commit 70e91556b6af8724334443347fd6488745405344
> Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
> Date:   Mon Sep 20 17:12:27 2010 +0200
>
>    convertfuncs: new plugin to contain conversion template functions
>
>    The plugin now only contains ipv4-to-int which converts an IPv4 address
>    to a long integer.
>
> Usage:
>
> $(ipv4-to-int $SOURCEIP)

Very cool stuff!

> Expect a  blog post on this topic, a simple correllation engine is now
> built into patterndb.

Hm, very interesting, I'll be taking a look.

Regarding detecting the batches being complete:  It seems a little
inelegant to have a baby-sitter script that looks for an appropriately
named file in a given directory and hoping it's the right buffer.  It
would be really nice if Syslog-NG could execute program() on a file
that has just been written to for the last time.