[syslog-ng] syslog-ng under HP-UX processing unwanted "padded" data

Scott Rochford scott.rochford at amadeus.com
Thu Sep 16 09:29:56 CEST 2010

> this tusc trace basically proves that syslog-ng is NOT in pad_size mode,
> if it were it would issue exactly 2048 byte sized reads whereas it does
> about 8k reads (probably your log_msg_size is set to 8192), the default.

> So for some reason it doesn't process the pad_size() argument.

Well, I have tried to put debugging statements in suitable places in
the code, but I've learnt nothing about why it is not being set.

Should I be looking at the logproto->padding-size or the logreader->
options->padding option?  Do they refer to different things?

Ideally I'd like to print it out at the configuration parsing step,
but I can make neither head nor tail of all the bison/yacc/flex
stuff that it uses, and can't figure out where to put any debugging
statements or breakpoints to determine what's going on.

If you could please post a known good configuration file for HP-UX it
would help me eliminate anything funny in the one I'm using, which looks
fine to the naked eye...

Regards,

Scott