[syslog-ng] [patterndb] classification

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Sep 13 16:24:01 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 16:59 -0500, Martin Holste wrote:
> I think something like what Matthew has described would work to deal
> with the namespace issues.  The hash table system seems like a good
> way of doing the CEE values that have been talked about, and could
> also pave the way for some pretty powerful stuff.

Well, as I see it, we do have this hashtable, it is the current
name-value support.

tags are an independent namespace, that's right, but do we really need
to assign values to tags? Right now the patterndb concept links tags and
name-value pairs together: the name of a tag is the same as the prefix
of the associated name-value pairs.

I don't really see the immediate benefit, but I might be missing
something.