[syslog-ng] feature request (parallel processing)

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:22:59 CEST 2010

What backend database were you getting a single box to do 220k
inserts/sec sustained?  The fastest I've ever seen is a little over
100k/sec with LOAD DATA INFILE in MySQL, though I haven't used
particularly beefy boxes.  If your tablespace is RAM based, I guess I
could believe that, but that's a lot of RAM to allocate to long-term
log storage.

In my setups, I write to files out to disk (via a Perl program) and
then do an import of the data file, which is the fastest method I've
seen so far.  What method are you using?