[syslog-ng] Compilation problem in Debian (libsyslog-ng dependency)

Jean F. Mousinho jean.mousinho at ist.utl.pt
Thu Oct 28 11:44:15 CEST 2010

Hi Matthew,

The version I'm trying to compile is syslog-ng-3.2beta1, with a small
patch [1] in the debian/rules file.

You're right, compiling using configure/make/make install does work
OK... so I guess its something related to debian configuration files for
creating the deb.

If you try, let me know how it went.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Jean-François Mousinho

[1] the patch lines for debian/rules:
-          --localstatedir=/var/lib/syslog-ng
+              --localstatedir=/var/run/syslog-ng \
+              --with-pidfile-dir=/var/run/syslog-ng \
+              --enable-ipv6 \
+              --enable-ssl \