[syslog-ng] Logging all message metadata

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Tue Oct 26 05:32:31 CEST 2010

> There are a couple of ways you can handle this:

These are all useful suggestions, but I'm still stuck with the root of
the problem -- I don't know how to get "all the metadata" associated
with a message using any of the existing output drivers.  Anything
using templates I need to explicitly define the content of the
message, and the sql() driver, as you point out, also requires
explicitly selecting metadata.

Neither of these allow me access to any and all information generated
by the parsing engine -- which may change periodically as I updated
the pattern database.