[syslog-ng] Logging all message metadata

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Mon Oct 25 21:58:19 CEST 2010

As I work with the classification engine, I wish there were a way for
me to log *all* metadata associated with a log message.  That is, I
would like to record any data parsed out of the message by the parsing
engine, as well as all the default metadata that syslog-ng generates
about a message.  Is there any way to do this other than writing my
own output driver?  As far as I can tell, all of the available drivers
-- including the sql() driver -- require me to explicitly list which
attributes I want to log.

While my ultimate target would be sending this data into a database, I
would be happy if I were able to dump it all to a file in some sort of
structured format that I could parse with my own tools (or maybe even
feed back into syslog-ng).

Thanks,

-- Lars