[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng on Solaris 9 problem

Elgin Lorenz lorenz at tu-cottbus.de
Thu Oct 21 13:51:22 CEST 2010

Matthew Hall wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 01:40:44PM +0200, Elgin Lorenz wrote:
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>
>> I'm sorry I forgot to mention its syslog-ng-3.0.4.
>>
>> I tried the option you suggestet.
>> It changed the "last message repeated" log entry, this one is correct
>> now.
>> The "kernel: kernel: " entry is still wrong.
>>
>> The source driver looks like this:
>>
>> source s_udp { udp (ip(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) port(xxx)
>> flags(store-legacy-msghdr)); };
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
> Could it be you need the same flag set on your other source for the
> kernel?

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid I don't know exactly what you mean.

There is only one source driver for remote sources, it is the above
mentioned.

The only other source driver is the sun-streams driver for Solaris
messages:

source s_sys { sun-streams ("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
internal(); };

It seems to work correctly for all messages.
Anyway I tried the flag option with this driver, but is doesn't seem to
accept it, I always get a syntax error.

Kind regards,

Elgin Lorenz

--
Elgin Lorenz  BTU Cottbus  Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Tel. 0355 693573      E-Mail     lorenz at tu-cottbus.de