[syslog-ng] UDP packet loss with syslog-ng

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Sun Oct 17 20:42:17 CEST 2010

This is not at all a surprise to me. I have nothing but problems with
RHEL. In this case SLES 11 was released in 2009 and RHEL 5 was released
in 2007. Not to mention Redhat applies a lot of idiotic patches to their
code.

I am guessing the kernel and scheduling behavior are different so a
different buffer size is required. Their could also be differences in
network adapter polling versus interrupt processing, etc.

Without trying it under different situations and running oprofile or
systemtap etc. it's hard to say in detail.

Matthew.