[syslog-ng] pattern matching on xxx#

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 16:19:21 CEST 2010

Certainly!  It's not an optimal solution, but the one big benefit you
get is that the regexp happens in a different PID, so syslog-ng, in
its current single-threaded model, doesn't have to burn resources
doing the parsing.  This is, of course, assuming that the parsing
would be a greater overhead than the pipe overhead, which may or may
not be true.  Unless you're seeing high CPU utilization on syslog-ng,
I totally agree with you and recommend keeping everything in Syslog-NG
if at all possible.