[syslog-ng] Windows event logs vs syslog format

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Wed Oct 13 18:51:14 CEST 2010

There is a way to change the template used to create the file names for remote logging.

http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-v3.1-guide-admin-en.html/configuring_destinations_file.html

Change the template argument to use something like the SOURCEIP macro instead of the various HOST macros.

http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-v3.1-guide-admin-en.html/reference_macros.html

Matthew.