[syslog-ng] R: Windows event logs vs syslog format

Fiorenzi Alessandro alessandro.fiorenzi at infogroup.it
Wed Oct 13 08:36:37 CEST 2010

Hi all, Thnaks to every one for your support.
I have found the solution and I will explain it,

As Arik said syslogagent on windows insert a ASCII 127 (hex 7f) code to to convert return. So I have changed Regedit key

HKLM\SOFTWARE\DATAGRAM\SYSLOGAGENT\
Key CarrigeReturnReplacementCharInASCII from 7f to 0
Also I have changed  the key
LineFeedReplacementCharInASCII from 0 to 10 (hex a) that is line feeed

It is more readable as from eventviewer gui

Thanks very much for you help

Alessandro Fiorenzi