[syslog-ng] Windows event logs vs syslog format

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:56:17 CEST 2010

Eventlog-to-Syslog is excellent.  I have a db-parser pattern for it
that works pretty well, at least for grabbing the event ID and user
name along with the program and host.  It's free and works on all
versions of Windows: http://code.google.com/p/eventlog-to-syslog/ .  I
like it better than Snare because it's much lighter weight.

--Martin