[syslog-ng] error in syslog-ng 3.2alpha2: missing m4 macros directory

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Oct 6 15:40:08 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 23:01 +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Hello.
>
> configure.in has this macro:
> AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])
>
> However, the m4 directory doesn't exist. As a consequence, running
> 'autoreconf' fails immediatly. I guess it's just missing, as previous
> release had it.

Right. I've fixed this in the git tree already. Could you try using a
git snapshot?

No need to use a git client, the gitweb interface is able to generate a
tar.gz on the fly:

http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.2.git;a=snapshot;h=master

In order to make syslog-ng compile from the git snapshot, rather than a
tar.gz, you'll a couple more tools, like (IIRC):

  * bison 2.4.1
  * automake/autoconf/libtool

Once you have those you should run ./autogen.sh from the source tree,
then you'll have everything starting with a configure script to compile
it.

I'll really try to push out a release soon, but I get distracted these
days quite a lot :(