[syslog-ng] Bazsi's blog: syslog-ng 3.2.1 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Nov 27 11:08:57 CET 2010

syslog-ng 3.2.1 released

Hi,

After 2 alpha and a beta release I’ve decided to declare that syslog-ng
OSE 3.2 is now stable, and thus I’ve released 3.2.1, the first in the
3.2.x series. This version has the largest list of features even since
the syslog-ng project was born, so make sure you check out all the
goodies.

The key features were already covered on this blog in earlier posts, the
most important ones in my opinion are:

      * licensing change to LGPL/GPL combo, without the need to sign a
        contributory agreement
      * plugins
      * log message correllation support in db-parser
      * automatic pattern generation for existing log files with pdbtool
        patternize
      * template functions

Read the changelog and/or the documentation for more information. The
diffstat between 3.1 and 3.2 are quite big:

Considering that OSE 3.2 has 70k lines (more specifically 70163) in its
git repository, this is quite a lot.

Source code:

https://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/syslog-ng/open-source-edition/3.2.1/source/syslog-ng_3.2.1.tar.gz

The list of changes are summarised in the changelog here:

https://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/syslog-ng/open-source-edition/3.2.1/changelog-en.txt

The updated documentation is also available here:

https://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/documents/syslog-ng-ose-v3.2-guide-admin-en.html/bk01-toc.html

Happy logging!