[syslog-ng] chained hostnames format broken in v3.1.2?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Nov 26 15:35:47 CET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 18:17 -0800, Matthew Hall wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 08:15:03PM -0600, Paul Krizak wrote:
> > Anybody?  Is this the wrong list to submit bugs/patches?
>
> Paul,
>
> It's OK and I am sure the patch will be appreciated.
>
> But sometimes the Balabit guys are a bit overloaded and take a few days
> or a week to reply.

I've found a similar patch in our PE repos, so I've ported that one. Thanks for your
contribution. It really is appreciated, but I wouldn't recommend my
last couple of days to anyone. :)

Too bad, I've already published v3.1.3 just prior to receiving this email
(which went unannounced too, I've just sent the announcements out).

commit f6efe1a82c3726c7f65ca0dd173af8d3f58824aa
Author: NagyAttila <naat at balabit.hu>
Date:   Thu Oct 14 17:54:14 2010 +0200

    HOST macro filled properly with chained_hostnames and
normalize_hostnames (fixes: #02598)

    A fix was also proposed by Paul, but we also had an alternative
    implementation.  This one is closer to the PE branch, making it
easier for
    us to keep the two in sync.

    Reported-By: Paul Krizak