[syslog-ng] patterndb ESTRING delimiter char

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:32:53 CET 2010

I need to find a valid char to use as the ESTRING delimiter that won't
appear in a URI.  I had been using comma, which usually works, but
lots of sites have commas in the URI which messes up the parsing of
these logs.  Tab is outlawed as per the documentation or I'd have used
that.  I've seen pipe used in URI's, so that's no better.  Keep in
mind that what I'm parsing has been URI unescaped.  Is there a way to
use a null byte or something?

Thanks,

Martin