[syslog-ng] CSV parser and empty fields

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Nov 14 10:55:34 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 16:40 -0700, Matthew Hall wrote:
> I'm surprised it doesn't handle doubled delimiters right.
>
> However I am likewise stumped. I can't find any explanation anywhere in
> the Balabit docs which explain what escape-* options do specifically.
>
> I guess reading the code is the only option for now. :/

Robert has started adding this info into the docs, but here's a short
explanation:

escape-none: quotes cannot happen within the value as no escaping is
defined. the end of a field is the next closing quote character.

escape-backslash: any character can be escaped within the value with the
backslash character, e.g. "alma\"fa" is equal to the value alma"fa

escape-double-char: quote characters can be escaped by doubling them,
with the previous example the field "alma""fa" is equal to the value
alma"fa