[syslog-ng] Problems using the syslog-protocol flag

Andreas Maechler amaechler at gmx.ch
Fri Nov 12 12:21:15 CET 2010

Hi all

Running syslog-ng 3.2beta1 on FreeBSD, I'm trying to use the
'syslog-protocol' flag in a unix-dgram source:

source s_local {
        unix-dgram("/var/run/log" flags(syslog-protocol));
        unix-dgram("/var/run/logpriv" perm(0600));
        file("/dev/klog" follow-freq(0) program-override("kernel")
flags(no-parse));

        internal();
};

That option seems to be ignored though. If I force the option by
setting it manually in afsocket_sd_init_instance(), afsocket.c, all
works well and incoming messages get parsed according to IETF.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.
Andreas