[syslog-ng] memory exhausted in /opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 5347

Patrick H. syslogng at feystorm.net
Tue Nov 9 01:41:19 CET 2010

I imagine a config that large has got to make syslog-ng really slow, and
I cant imagine why it would need to be that large in the first place.
Do you have any sort of ulimit in place controlling memory? (ulimit -m
on most shells)
Are you actually running out of memory (watch top while the process is
starting up)?
The only other case I can think that would cause this is an internal
limit in the code that prevents it from using more than a certain
amount, and that I have no clue about.

-Patrick